Hiring A Divorce Mortgage Professional
In a divorce, the marital home is often the most significant asset. In our experience, it can also be a large item of contention due to the emotional attachment one or both parties may have to the house.
So, whether youâre planning on selling the home and splitting the proceeds or one party plans to keep the home and buy the other party out, itâs important to enlist the help of a divorce mortgage professional as early as possible.
Choosing A Divorce Mortgage Professional
A Certified Divorce Lending Professional brings a wealth of knowledge to the table. They have financial knowledge, expertise, and a full understanding of how divorce and family law, IRS tax rules, and financing strategies relate to real estate and divorce.
A Certified Divorce Lending Professional
- is aware of specific mortgage guidelines and how they pertain to divorcing clients.
- is trained to recognize potential legal and tax implications in regards to mortgage financing during a divorce.
- can guide you to avoid potential capital gains concerns in regards to the marital real estate.
- is able to identify potential concerns with support and/or maintenance structures that may conflict with financing opportunities.
- can help you implement a strategic divorce settlement agreement, ensuring the best opportunities to secure mortgage financing post-decree.
- can recommend financing strategies to help to divorce clients identify mortgage financing options for maintaining the current marital home while helping to ensure the ability to achieve future financing for the departing spouse.
- is qualified to work with divorce professionals in a collaborative setting.
- remains committed to education and staying up to date on industry guidelines and tax rules as they pertain to divorces.
- is committed to providing a high level of service to you and your divorcing clients.
Lisa Copeland, Co-Founder of Austin Mortgage Associates, is a Certified Divorce Lending Professional. Her experience and education in helping clients navigate divorce loans can help make the process simple and stress-free. Get in touch with us today by calling 512-944-5472.